We wish to clarify the latest announcement by the Prime Minister on 31st October 2020. Medical and Dental care is now deemed as ‘Essential’ and therefore will continue as per usual. It has been stipulated that medical and dental appointments should be kept, so as not to affect general health in the population.
Our dental practice will continue to operate daily, in line with our normal working hours and all appointments will be honoured and new bookings will continue to be offered as usual.
What we are doing to keep our patients and team safe:
Being a surgical facility, we have always kept our premises clean, utilising medical-grade disinfectants between each patient appointment, as well as utilising full PPE for our team members and strict sterilisation procedures as stipulated by Public Health England and NHS England.
As many of you will have seen when attending over the past few months, we have enforced social distancing, introducing measures which completely limit our patients contact with other patients during their visits with us.
We have additionally installed state of the art, high powered extraction units in each and every surgery, creating ‘negative pressure’ (much like in operating theatres), which expels air from the surgeries at a very high rate. This maximises the ventilation of the premises, keeping the air we breathe in clean.
Are all dental services still offered?
All our routine and urgent dental services will be running as normal. Patients who were deemed vulnerable or extremely vulnerable during the previous lockdown are not being asked to shield and therefore are still able to see their dentist and hygienist for their routine and urgent care.
Our amazing team is always on hand to answer any queries and we do look forward to warmly welcoming you as we always have done at your next visit with us.
You will receive a separate email from us a couple of days prior to your upcoming appointment, this will be titled Covid19 Mandatory Screening, there will be a link in this document which will take you to a page via our website where you will be required to update your medical history and also to complete a covid19 questionnaire. If we are not in receipt of this form prior to your appointment, your appointment may be cancelled.
For your safety we have issued the following protocols to offer maximum protection to patients and staff:
- On arrival, please wait at the pillars at our entrance and if there are other patients waiting, please keep a 2m distance for social distancing. There is no need to knock on the door to let us know you have arrived.
- Please travel alone where possible and endeavour to arrive no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment (please try your utmost to be prompt as we are relying on patients arriving on time so we can implement safe social distancing measures for you and our other patients). We will meet all patients on arrival and bring them straight into the surgery once the practitioner is ready.
- You will be asked to keep your mask on whilst in the practice and should not remove unless instructed to do so by a member of staff. Under 11’s are not required to wear face masks.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice and before you leave. Please bring as few belongings with you as possible. We will ask you to place all belongings including outdoor coats into a plastic bag, these will be left in a box inside the treatment room whilst you have your appointment.
- All dental staff will be using personal protective equipment in line with current recommendations and evidence. We apologise in advance for the necessary reduction in social interaction that this will necessitate. Whilst our PPE may make us appear impersonal and distant, please be assured we are still the same friendly team underneath it all!
- Please brush your teeth and use the lavatory before arriving at the practice as our cloakroom will be unavailable to members of the public.